Casa Blanca was built in 1880 by Eutimio Montoya, who came from a prominent family of merchants in the 19th century West. At that time, San Antonio was a prosperous town, a home to ranchers and miners, and the birthplace of the hotelier Conrad Hilton. Casa Blanca was one of the largest Victorian style farmhouses in the area. It was built of double adobe (24-inch thick walls) with a typical tin roof and a large veranda. The house passed through many families over the years until it was purchased by Phoebe Wood in 1988. The home was opened as a bed and breakfast in 1989 and has been operating continuously ever since. Assistant Innkeeper, Phil Norton, was Manager of the Bosque del Apache Wildlife Refuge from 1986 through 2000.

 
 
 
 

 

 

 

 

Site updated summer 2014 by MsWisWorks.

Site design 2002-2009 Wandermouse Web Works.
All site content and images 2002-2009 Casa Blanca B&B, unless otherwise noted.

  All rights reserved. Unauthorized reproduction of site design, content or images is illegal
 and subject to punishment under full extent of the law.
 

For information on use of images or content on these pages, please contact the Casa Blanca Bed and Breakfast.